Spring is here and with it everybody starts remembering all the work it takes to have a nice looking yard.
I think from all the gardening devices at home the regular sprinkler controller is one of the dumbest of all, they can be really complicated or so simple at the same time, they won’t let you schedule the way you want. Basically it is just a fancy timer with a lot of buttons.
Contrary to what most people think there is a lot of technology applied to the fields and the crops nowadays you can bring this technology to your own garden, controlling your irrigation system based on a lot of different variables.
- Weather: Temperature, humidity, will it rain or not all this variables are important to consider, how many times have you seen sprinkler system on during a storm?
- Type of crops: All the plants are different and require different water amount for example trees and shrubs have longer roots than grass and flowers.
- Type of soil: depending on the area you have different soil types so the water retention changes
- Slope: If you have big slope then you have to start thinking in less tie more frequency
- Nozzle Type: the nozzles are measured by gallons per minute and having this in mind and all the above variables is the time and frequency you will need to calculate for your yard.
Well all of this is already in a small box ready for you to use, and the best thing is that it is really simple and easy to use, so you don’t have to do all the calculations because the system will do it for you. This is part of what a truly smart home device will do all the hard calculations for you, so you can spend more time on what really matters and less time worrying about things working right.